Middlesbrough College Open Day
Career change? Wanting to go further?
Then check out the details below regarding this months open event at the outstanding Middlesbrough College, they offer full time, part time courses as well as apprenticeships and home course.
At Middlesbrough College, they aim to do the very best for students. The 16-18 students come to us in increasing numbers from across the Tees Valley and particularly Middlesbrough, Redcar and Stockton.
So why might this be?
• They have the best success rates for full-time courses in the Tees Valley and are in the top 10% of colleges for results in the United Kingdom
• They offer full-time courses in a vast range of vocational areas and at all levels.
• They also offer a very comprehensive range of A level courses.
• They have the opportunity for apprenticeships with links to some great employers.
• They are open to all, however much you have achieved at school.
• Their full aim to be excellent, and Ofsted tell us in their inspection report (April 2011) that “Middlesbrough College is good with outstanding features”.
• A fantastic building full of excellent facilities and we invest £1.5m a year to make sure that regular improvements are made
• In 2012, they opened a new Sixth Form facility, MC6, as well as wonderful new MC sports facilities all valued at some £7m.
• they have a network of 1,400 computers, and you can access a virtual learning environment from home.
• There are over 4,000 full-time students and apprentices in the College
• Every one of the full-time students has a personal tutor.
• They do have a great benefits package to help your cash go further. They offer free transport, reduced food costs, help with course materials and even cash to those who most need it. And all this is done privately and confidentially based on your needs.
• Middlesbrough College know that to get it right for students, they need to listen first. There is a full-time student union officer, a student elected by the student body, who attends and contributes to the College’s Leadership Team and Governing Body meetings.
• But most of all, they believe in their students. Whether you have loads of qualifications or none, they believe that you are capable of doing great things. Middlesbrough College are the ‘can do’ College, and have a sole purpose which is to enable you to get a great job, either directly or via apprenticeship or higher education. They want you to live a happy and prosperous life and know how important it is to give you a great education and training. They don’t accept failure, and take responsibilities in doing the best for you very seriously. Most of all they are care individually for every one of our students.